On 31st of January 2019 was held the Consultative Council meeting of the “Central Government-Local Self-Government” chaired by Deputy Minister of Interior afairs Mrs. Romina Kuko, Co-Chairman Mr. Aldrin Dalipi, Chairman of the Tirana Regional Council.
During his speech, the head of the Region and Tirana Municipal Council, Mr. Dalipi emphasized that the focus of this round-table is; social services, housing issues, local finances, environmental protection, etc.
Mr. Dalipi appraised the professionalism of Deputy Minister Mrs. Romina Kuko for co-chairing the round-table and stressed that having the mayor of Tirana Mr. Veliaj is important for the challenges of the local goverment.
Part of this first meeting for 2019 was Mr. ErionVeliaj, Mayor of Tirana Municipality and also President of Association for Local Autonomy.
The Head of Municipality stressed as positive the administrative reform, which created opportunities for investment allocation in rural areas as well, with the old separation it would have been impossible to financially improve living conditions for the community.
What was discussed at the meeting?
1) Draft law “On the protection of wild fauna “amended “;
2) Draft-decision “On the criteria and manner of zoning the territory of a protected environmental area”;
3) Draft Decision “On Procedures and Rules for Returning and Repatriating Unaccompanied Children”;
4) Draft Decision “Methodology of Financing of Social Care Services”; Presentations of youth projects:
5) Mr. Arlind Kullolli introduces: White Mantel Heroes;
6) Ms. Emanuela Meci introduces: Durrës-city that cycle;
7) Mr. Lusien Beci presents: Center for services in support of family-head women;
8) Draft Decision “On some amendments to the DMC no.132, dated 07.03.2018” On the methodology for determining the value of the real estate “Building”, the basis of the taxes for specific categories, the nature and priority of information and data for determining the basis of the taxes, as well as the criteria and rules for the alternative assessment of the liability of the taxes “;
9) Presentation of the Local Budget 2019 and the major changes to the local finance and taxes;
10) Draft Decision “On Determining Resettlement and Institutional Cooperation Procedures”;
11) Draft-decision “On determining the documentation to for housing benefiting under any social housing program, and the deadlines and procedures for approval by the local self-government institutions”;
12) Draft-decision “On the administration of the requirements of the units of local self-government for funds from the state budget, for the subsidy of the rent, the criteria for granting and the way of calculating the rent subsidy”;
13) Draft decision “On the criteria for granting the lease subsidy for the categories that benefit, on subsidizing the rent through the state budget and the way of calculating the subsidy”.